NOTE: We are meeting now at a second Greenville Tech location at the new Center for Manufacturing Innovation, right behind ICAR where we held BSides 2019. The address is:
Center for Manufacturing Innovation
575 Millennium Blvd
Greenville, SC 29607
- Parking is open and free. You will not need a parking pass.
- All meetings are open and FREE to the general public! Support the Information Security community and forward this announcement to others that could be interested!
* PRESENTATION - "How Microsoft is Applying Choice Architecture and Why It Matters to Security"
Are we practicing good choice architecture when it comes to security? @Bsides Augusta 2018, Chris Sanders presented choice architecture and user behavior in the context of how it applies to information security and software development. This talk will apply choice architecture to data loss prevention and how Microsoft is enabling better choice architecture options for information protection with Microsoft Information Protection(MIP).
* PRESENTER - Nick Mansfield
Nick Mansfield is a Senior Security Engineer and Technical Team Lead for NorthState Technology Solutions, the professional services branch of NorthState communications. Nick has worked in information security for 7 years and graduated from Greenville Tech’s Computer Technology Program in 2015. Nick cut his teeth on file integrity monitoring and data loss prevention.
* Lunch is free for all attendees courtesy of NorthState. If you'd like to eat lunch with us, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to the meeting and mention you would like lunch ordered.
11:00 - 11:30 Lunch/Networking
11:30 - 11:35 Introductions/Announcements
11:35 - 12:30 Presentation
** REMINDER ** If you are a CISSP or SSCP, attending the Upstate SC ISSA gathering meets the requirements for obtaining additional CPE's. Make sure to RSVP for the meeting and keep the email for your records.